Wednesday, December 20, 2006

....

When I was a kid, I used to watch alot of hockey on the old SportsChannel, some playoffs on
USA network...Probably like a lot of other kids, my favorite team was the Oilers (even though I was only 30 minutes from Philly). Gretzky, Coffey, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, Anderson, Lowe...August 9, 1988 was one of the worst days of my life...

Anyways, just had some good old flashbacks when I ran across this on YouTube. It's from the 2005-2006 playoff series against Anaheim, game 4. Inspirational...Most of the sporting events I've been to, people are too busy talking on their cell phones or mugging for camera time to notice the national anthem. So, enjoy this moment of northern pride.



On a similar note, if you wanna check out a cool version of the national anthem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home